Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Huashan Stairway to Heaven - Photo Essay

I am delighted to see from my stats on this blog, that my story about Huashan's Stairway to Heaven is the most popular of all the stories. I have to admit, that China holds a special place in my heart. Like all challenges met, a dare taken and passed, climbing Huashan for me was a metaphor for my travels in China. Hard work. Exhilerating. Awesome.

In a fit of nostalgia, I urged Dan to put together a photo spread for me about Huashan. If you like these pictures, go to the story in the archive about Huashan if you've not read it. Xie xie.


Look for our hotel on the upper left corner of this picture






Workers carrying tables from the base of the mountain to the monastery at the very top

New installations make some climbs easier

Red ribbons tied to locks on the chain railings


No comments:

Post a Comment